Learn how to predict, prevent and react to child sexual abuse.
Child Sexual Abuse is Predictable and Preventable. According to the Child Molestation Research and Prevention Institute, 95% of sexual abuse is preventable through education.
This workshop is for adults only, parents, staff, youth-serving organizations, and volunteers advocating for children.
I also offer age-appropriate curriculum for K-12, call 760-685-6232 to schedule.
Presented by Christy Heiskala, Certified Facilitator of Darkness to Light, Stewards of Children®.
The Stewards of Children program will increase knowledge, improve attitudes and change child-protective behaviors. This program is for any responsible adult who cares about the welfare of children. It is also appropriate for youth-serving organizations and personnel.
- Facts about the problem of child sexual abuse
- The types of situations in which child sexual abuse might occur
- Simple, effective strategies for protecting children from sexual abuse
- The importance of talking about the prevention of sexual abuse with children and other adults
- The signs of sexual abuse so that you might intervene and be able to react responsibly
- Grooming process, what it looks like, what to look for
What Outcomes You Can Expect:
- Increased awareness of the prevalence, consequences, and circumstances of child sexual abuse
- New skills to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse
- Individual commitment to action via a personal prevention plan
Space is limited, register asap to save your seat.
Reviews of this training:
“This training is a game changer. I attended this training hoping to learn about how to spot a child predator. Instead what I learned is the framework I can put in place to not have to spot a child predator. Setting boundaries has changed my life and allowed me to live in less fear about my daughter. I also took steps to set boundaries around a family member that makes me suspicious. I feel more empowered and educated about this issue. I also learned important techniques on how to speak to my daughter about her body. Christy has not only the statistics, but the tools and action you can implement in your own life. This training way exceeded my expectations and should be mandatory for parents and educators.”— Amanda Allen, Attorney and Parent
“I attended the child sexual abuse prevention training course provided by Christy and it was organized and very informational. As a Family Law Attorney, I have recommended the course to clients and colleagues. Her personal family story and her passion make this training a must for any adults who have children they love in their lives.”— Puja A. Sachdev, Family Law Attorney, San Diego, CA
“Very informative. It’s heart breaking but the statistics don’t lie; it happens. This class helps you to watch out for signs and helps educate your children as well.”— Yuleni D., San Diego mom