There are many options for reporting abuse depending who the perpetrator is or where the abuse took place. I suggest reporting to the local police where the abuse occurred. I would call ahead and ask to speak directly to the person in charge of sex crimes. The victim will be required to give the police a statement either at the police station or they will send someone to your house. I would insist on waiting until the sex crimes investigator is available to take the report. I did not know this when it happened to my daughter. When I took my daughter to the police station to report we spoke to an officer that didn't specifically work on these types of cases and he made a comment that was totally out of line and showed his lack of training. 

1-800-4-A-Child (800-422-4453) ChildHelp National Child Abuse Hotline

SART - Sexual Assault Response Team, look up this term for your city. For San Diego, click here. - Rape treatment center detailed steps on what to do if you or your loved one are raped

RAINN - Rape Abuse and Incest National Network - National Sexual Assault Hotline 800-656-4673 - website is a wealth of information for all states on prevention, what to do once sexual assault occurs, public policy, the laws for each state. For California Sex Crimes: Definitions and Penalties click here.

Homeland Security Investigation

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) investigates more than 400 violations of criminal law, ranging from child exploitation to transnational gangs. Use this form to report suspected criminal activity.

I do not suggest using this form to report if you have any immigration issues.